Warm Greetings to All of You, Members of Toastmasters International District 102,
This is to communicate our District’s Decision on the number of contestants allowed to progress from the Club, Area and Division Humorous Speech Contest, Evaluation Contest, International Speech Contest and Table Topics Contest effective from 1st July 2019:
- Eight weeks prior to the Area contest, if an Area has four assigned Clubs or fewer in good standing, two contestants from each Club are allowed to compete in the Area contest.
- Should additional Clubs charter prior to the Area contest, two contestants from each club are permitted to compete.
- In Areas with five or more Clubs in good standing eight weeks prior to the contest, one contestant from each club is permitted to compete.
- In Divisions with four assigned Areas or less, the two highest-placed available contestants from each Area are allowed to compete at the Division contest.
- In Divisions with five or more assigned Areas, one contestant from each area is permitted to compete at the Division Contest.
All Divisions’ Humorous Speech, Evaluation, International Speech and Table Topics Contests are to be completed before 17 May 2020. District 102 Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contests will be held on Saturday, 6th June 2020; while District 102 International Speech and Table Topics Contests will be held on Sunday, 7th June 2020. All the District contests will be held at the Summit Hotel, Subang Jaya, in conjunction with the District 102 Annual Conference 5 – 7 June, 2020 – https://www.facebook.com/d102.ac2020/
Please comply with the 2019-2020 Speech Contest Rulebook, in effect from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020, for speech contest rules of the Contests. The Speech Contest Rulebook and The Summary of Changes can be downloaded as below:
- Speech Contest Rulebook: https://www.toastmasters.org/-/media/files/department-documents/speech-contests-documents/toastmasters-1171-speech-contest-rulebook-2019.ashx
- Summary of Changes: Speech Contest Rulebook 2019-2020 vs 2018-2019: https://www.toastmasters.org/leadership-central/~/media/89C0CC595F634E1DAAB8A7FBCB6E6049.ashx
The latest digital version of Toastmasters International’s Speech Contest Materials are available to be downloaded from Toastmasters International links as below:
- Humorous Speech Contest Kit: https://www.toastmasters.org/shop/contests/speech-contest-kits/1169H–Humorous-Speech-Contest-Kit
- Evaluation Speech Contest Kit: https://www.toastmasters.org/resources/evaluation-speech-contest-kit
- International Speech Contest Kit: https://www.toastmasters.org/-/media/dcd-items/1169-dcd-international-speech-contest-kit-3-july-2019.ashx
- Table Topics Contest Kit : https://www.toastmasters.org/shop/contests/speech-contest-kits/1169TBL–Table-Topics-Speech-Contest-Kit
For all of you who are interested to learn more about Toastmasters Contests, especially contestants, judges, organizing teams & role-players, District 102 will organize Contest Expo on Saturday,14th September 2019 at T-Systems Malaysia, Cyberjaya. Time: 10am to 5pm.
- Read the announcement at https://www.tmdistrict102.org/district-102-contest-expo-2019-2020/
- Register yourself online at http://bit.ly/TLIexpo
Best wishes to all of you. Enjoy your Toastmasters journey!
Thank you and Warm Regards,
Lee Meng Tze, DTM
Program Quality Director,
District 102, Term 2019-2020
Tel: +6012 213 0588