Dear District 102 Members,
It is our pleasure to call for your nominations for Toastmasters to serve District 102 for the term commencing from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
Specifically, we are seeking nominations for the office of:
• District Director
• Program Quality Director
• Club Growth Director
• Division Directors for Divisions A, B, C, D, E, G, H, M, R
Please note the following key points for the nominations:
• Ensure that nominees meet the minimum qualification required prior to submitting the nomination package.
• Complete the following forms and send them to your District Leadership Committee Chairperson, Ho Fong Ming, DTM at email@example.com (to be received by 5.00 p.m., February 25, 2020).
o Officer Nomination Form
o Officer Agreement and Release Form
o Candidate Application Form
o District Leader Biographical Information
• The District Leadership Committee WILL NOT entertain nominations received after the stipulated date and time.
• The nominations will be reviewed by the District Leadership Committee after which members of the District Leadership Committee team may contact the nominees to confirm their respective information and to seek clarification on details as necessary. An interview (face-to-face or by phone) may also be arranged before the list of successful nominees is finalized.
• All positions for the 2020-2021 term are opened for nominations. There is no definite line of succession nor is there automatic or guaranteed progression along the hierarchy.
• The election of District 102 officers for the 2020-2021 term will take place at the District Council Meeting that will be held on Friday, 5 June 2020 at Summit Hotel, Subang Jaya, Selangor.
• District Public Relations Manager, Finance Manager and Administration Manager shall be appointed by the incoming District Director.
10 January to 25 February 2020
“Call for Nomination”: District will email-blast “Call for Nomination” to all members.
1 March to 15 April 2020
The District Leadership Committee will review all nominations before the stated deadline. Members of the Nomination team may contact nominated candidates for confirmation of information, clarification of details. They may also want to interview the candidates, before finalizing its list of successful nominated candidates.
20 April 2020
Submission of successful candidates to District Director, Dr. Yvonne Leong, DTM by 5.00pm.
30 April 2020
The District will email the list of successful candidates to all members.
**Please note that those who have not been selected by the District Leadership Committee may still be nominated from the floor during District Officer Election on 5 June 2020. However, no Floor candidates can be declared without having submitted their Nomination to the District Leadership Committee.
Eligible Floor candidates shall declare their intent to run in writing to the District Leadership Committee Chairperson after the District Leadership Committee report has been published and at least one (1) week prior to the annual District Council Meeting.
1 May to 4 June 2020
Campaigning Period by candidates
** Campaign rules & guidelines apply (refer Toastmasters Website-District Campaigns)
5 June 2020
Election of District Officers
Whether we are nominating a member or are a nominee ourselves, we must always bear in mind that we come wholeheartedly to serve the District. Once the commitment is made, the responsibility is upon the team to work towards our common goal i.e., towards the growth and development of members and clubs. Every club represents the pulse of D102. It is the district leaders who will serve and ensure that the clubs run according to the guidelines laid down by Toastmasters International.
Please be assured that the District Leadership Committee will carry out our responsibilities to the best of our abilities.
Please submit your nominations to:
District Leadership Committee Chairperson, Ho Fong Ming, DTM (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All the best to the nominees. We look forward to receiving your nominations.