Warm Greetings to All Members of Toastmasters International District 102,
This is to communicate on the Rev.8/2019 update by Toastmasters International on Speech Contest Rulebook 2019-2020, Clause #5.2, 5.3, 5.4 (Page 9). The number of voting judges at Area/Division/District Contests are reverted to 2018-2019 version with immediate effect by Toastmasters International, in effect from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020. Click here for the latest contest Rulebook.
District 102 Speech Contest Contest 2019-2020 Announcement is also updated to reflect the latest revision:
The District’s Decision on the number of contestants allowed to progress from the Club, Area and Division Humorous Speech Contest, Evaluation Contest, International Speech Contest and Table Topics Contest effective from 1st July 2019:
· Eight weeks prior to the Area contest, if an Area has four assigned Clubs or fewer in good standing, two contestants from each Club are allowed to compete in the Area contest.
· Should additional Clubs charter prior to the Area contest, two contestants from each club are permitted to compete.
· In Areas with five or more Clubs in good standing eight weeks prior to the contest, one contestant from each club is permitted to compete.
· In Divisions with four assigned Areas or less, the two highest-placed available contestants from each Area are allowed to compete at the Division contest.
· In Divisions with five or more assigned Areas, one contestant from each area is permitted to compete at the Division Contest.
All Divisions’ Humorous Speech, Evaluation, International Speech and Table Topics Contests are to be completed before 17 May 2020. District 102 Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contests (HSEC) will be held on Saturday, 6th June 2020; while District 102 International Speech and Table Topics Contests (ISTT) will be held on Sunday, 7th June 2020. They will be held at the Summit Hotel, Subang Jaya, in conjunction with the District 102 Annual Conference 5 – 7 June, 2020.
– The latest digital version of Toastmasters International’s Speech Contest Materials are available to be downloaded from Toastmasters International links as attached:
Final call to all of you who are interested to learn more about Toastmasters Contests, especially contestants, judges, organizing teams & role-players, District 102 will organize Contest Expo on Saturday,14th September 2019 at T-Systems Malaysia, Cyberjaya. Time: 10am to 5pm. Register here by 11am, Wednesday 11th September 2019.
Next District 102 Workshop will be Parliamentary Procedure in Action Workshop to be conducted by Low Yat Seow, DTM, Past District 51 Governor 2005-2006 & Multiple Times District Parliamentarian. This will be held on Thursday, 17th October 2019, Time: 7.30pm to 10pm at Wisma IEM, Petaling Jaya. The flyer and registration link are as attached. Register here by Friday 11th October 2019.